DISTRICT OFFICES ARE OPEN FOR CLAIM DROP-OFF AND APPOINTMENTS
Lottery District Offices are open to the public for the secure contactless acceptance of drop-off claims or by pre-scheduled appointments for in-person services.
What we’re doing to ensure health and safety
The California Lottery is taking extended measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees, players, retailers and the general public. We have adjusted our District Office operations, including:
- District Offices are open for secure claim drop-off and pre-scheduled appointments only.
- We are operating under COVID-19 safety requirements, ensuring that interaction between team members, players and the general public can happen at the recommended distance. Each District Office has implemented social distancing to ensure everyone's safety.
- District Office employees have been issued personal protective equipment (PPE). All visitors to District Offices are required to wear a clean face covering and maintain a 6 feet distance from others. Floor markers have been installed and face covering use will be monitored.
- Lobby access is limited to one visitor at a time unless assistance, such as language translation, is required. Plexiglass barriers are installed at lobby counters to protect customers and team members.
- In addition to modifications to limit lobby traffic and observe COVID-19 safety requirements, we have enhanced daily cleanliness and sanitation protocols across all District Offices.
Claiming your prize at the District Office
District Offices are accepting completed claim forms for contactless drop-off as well as allowing pre-scheduled appointments for in-person servicing. Appointments are not required for contactless drop-off. Schedule your appointment for in-person servicing here. Appointments are for 15 minute increments.
Plan your District Office visit
Procedures have been implemented at all District Offices to maximize health and safety for everyone. Plan your visit to Lottery District Offices by following the guidelines below.
- Please stay home if you are sick. For the health and safety of others, do not visit if you have a current or recent diagnosis of COVID-19, if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. your actions save lives - for more information on COVID-19 please visit covid19.ca.gov.
- Visit our Claim a Prize page and complete all necessary forms.
- Sign your winning ticket ahead of time and complete your claim form prior to arrival - download it here (pdf) or ask your local retailer. Watch this short video to ensure you complete your claim form correctly.
- Make a copy of the claim form and front and back of your winning ticket for your records.
- If dropping off, place your claim and associated ticket in a sealed envelope and bring it with you. No postage is needed when dropping off your claim.
- If you made an appointment, check-in for your appointment via the link in your confirmation email or text message.
- Follow District Office safety requirements:
- Wear a clean cloth face covering.
- Maintain six feet of physical distancing with others.
- Adhere to all applicable state and local health orders.
- Use hand sanitizer to keep your hands clean and avoid touching your face or face covering.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, your upper sleeve, or elbow. if a tissue is used, throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Pens are not available.
You can still claim your prize by mail
As an alternative to visiting the district offices, winners can still claim their prize via mail. If you have a winning ticket, immediately sign the back of the ticket and take a picture of both the front and back of the ticket. Detailed instructions on how to claim a prize and all necessary forms are provided on our claim a prize page. Please note the processing time for claims may be delayed due to necessary observance of social distancing guidelines and procedures.
These guidelines are subject to change. Check back frequently for updates.
Last updated: April 8, 2021